The best of both worlds! Working on the People issues of large, international brands, while being part of a pleasant team of data experts at the leading Dutch People Analytics agency.
Your impact as an Analytics Translator?
In recent years, organisations have invested substantially in data and analytics. Despite these investments, many organisations still fail to realise the promised value of data-driven work. AnalitiQs identifies two root causes for this lack of ROI.
– First mile: data teams are all too often put to work before it is clear what the question is and what the deliverables are.
– Last mile: findings all too often end up in a drawer rather than being converted into actions and insights.
As an Analytics Translator, you will help to draw up a crystal-clear analytics briefing during the first mile. During the last mile, you will actually convert the findings into actions and policies. In this way, you ensure that the dev/ops train runs smoothly from start to finish. In short, you will make sure that the promise of data-driven work is fully realised for all of AnalitiQs’ customers, thus truly turning data into profit!
The People Analytics Translator
Analytics Translators build bridges between functional areas and the domains of IT and Analytics. As a People Analytics Translator, your functional area is HR. This role is therefore about identifying, prioritising, and guiding employee and organizational issues. This focus on HR introduces two special requirements for the People Analytics Translator.
- People Analytics makes use of personal information. This is why knowledge of privacy laws and regulations and a well-tuned ethical compass are important requirements for any People Analytics Translator. Not everything that is possible is allowed, nor is everything that is allowed desirable.
- Also, most People professionals did not start working in Human Resources because they have such a penchant for data and statistics. A good People Analytics Translator is therefore a star at making complex things simple again, so that the insights gained can be translated into actions and policies.
Your job as a People Analytics Translator at AnalitiQs
At AnalitiQs, we roughly identify two types of clients:
- Project clients: organisations that want to tackle a specific data-driven challenge, for example a turnover analysis, an absence dashboard or an inclusion measurement. These are usually projects that run for a few weeks or months.
- Transformation clients: these are organisations that want to transform their HR decision-making from opinion driven to data driven. They seek guidance and relief in this transformation. During the journey, both functional and technical issues are addressed. These are usually projects that run for one or more years.
As an Analytics Translator, you will be working with both types of clients. In all cases, your goal is to get the question clear, ensure a smooth insight-gathering process and enable the client to realise their ROI.
People Analytics Project:
– In a project, a client typically knocks on our door about a topic they wish to tackle in a data-driven manner. As an Analytics Translator, you help the client to convert their theme into a clear analytics briefing.
– You then propose an approach to the issue, whether or not in consultation with your technical data colleagues. This approach must include the technical, methodical and process elements of the project.
– As soon as the client agrees with the proposal, you ensure that the project is launched and carried out. You take care of stakeholder management, safeguard the project framework and ensure that the technical data experts can work their magic undisturbed.
– Where necessary, you present interim deliverables and collect feedback for iteration.
– At the end of the project, as an Analytics Translator, you present the results and help the client to convert the findings into concrete actions.
People Analytics Transformation:
– A transformation project usually begins with a classic consultancy assignment: the People Analytics Scan. The Analytics Translator maps the present and future situation and the route from ‘as-is’ to ‘to-be’. The creation of an analytics backlog also starts in this phase.
– Next, the People Analytics Translator sets to work, in consultation with the client, to initiate and manage the transformation programme.
– During the execution phase, the Analytics Translator ensures a smooth flow to the programme, as well as adherence to the programme frameworks, such as budget and timeline.
– For all programme components – such as setting up a data platform, building an HR KPI dashboard, launching an exit survey or creating a predictive model – the Analytics Translator ensures that there is a clearly articulated briefing for technical data experts to take up (first mile).
– Where necessary, the People Analytics Translator assists the data expert in liaising with client representatives, so that the data expert is distracted as little as possible by peripheral issues.
– Finally, the Analytics Translator plays a crucial role in guiding the HR department to convert the insights generated into impact and realise the intended ROI of People Analytics (last mile).
As an Analytics Translator, you excel at setting a dot on the horizon, structuring and dividing the work, enthusing stakeholders and activating organisations. Beyond that, you know a bit about everything, but you are rarely the expert. So, what are no hard requirements for an Analytics Translator? As a People Analytics Translator, you don’t need to be able to program (e.g. Python) or configure (e.g. PowerBI). Nor does an Analytics Translator have to be an expert in methods, techniques or big-data architecture. For all these things and more, an Analytics Translator can involve colleagues.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate for this People Analytics Translator role is passionate about data, about people and organisational issues and excels as a spider in the web.
- Master’s degree or higher
- At least 3 years of work experience as project/programme manager on the cutting edge of IT/data and a functional domain
- Experience as a consultant is a plus
- Work experience in/with HR is a plus
- Experience with story-telling methods (pyramid principle) and tooling such as PPT
- The ability to work with dashboards, e.g. PowerBI
- Excellent project-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent consultancy skills
- The ability to remain calm and maintain an overview under pressure
- The ability to oversee environments with a certain degree of ambiguity
- Fluency in English
- AnalitiQs helps clients with issues such as wellbeing, absenteeism, diversity, inclusion and equality. In this job you will be making a positive contribution to society!
- You can work a substantial part of your time from home
- You get to set your own work hours, in consultation.
- Would you like more holidays? We’ll think along with you
- This job allows for one part-time day per week.
Pleasant work environment
- A low-politics environment in which you can spend most of your time on professional matters Korte lijnen, zodat je zicht en invloed hebt op wat er met de door jou en je team gegenereerde inzichten gebeurt
- Short lines of communication, so you can keep sight of and influence on what happens with the insights generated by you and your team
- Focus on “the team” and “performance as a team”, i.e. no personal targets and the ensuing dynamics
- A pleasant, easy-to-reach office
- Four team days per year
- After-work drinks for the enthusiasts
Genuine attention to development
- Monthly coaching by one of the managing partners
- 10 development days per year
- Access to all AnalitiQs training courses, Goodhabitz and Data Camp
- Personal development plan with matching investments
And excellent remuneration
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 25 holidays (with the option to increase)
- A telephone
- Coverage of travel expenses (mileage allowance up to 50KM one way, public transport fully reimbursed)
- A profit sharing scheme
About the AnalitiQs group
AnalitiQs was founded based on a few simple ideas:
• The basic conviction is that data-driven decisions are superior in principle.
• We say ‘in principle’, because these decisions have to be taken with knowledge of the context. This is why AnalitiQs has specialised in People issues.
• Within People Analytics, AnalitiQs is a one-stop shop. This means that we help our clients with employee surveys, HR Dashboards, HR Data Science and HR Data Management.
• Finally, work should, above all, be fun. Hence the high degree of self-management, one common target, lack of hierarchy and regular group activities.
Based on these ideas and by constantly providing a high quality of service, a club of 25 People Analytics specialists has formed over the years. AnalitiQs works for the most prominent Dutch companies, mostly multinationals. In the coming years AnalitiQs will further expand the team to meet the increasing demand for People Analytics services at home and abroad.
Diversity – Inclusiveness – Equal opportunities
Found a job opening that you are excited about? Sometimes doubt can keep you from applying. For those in doubt, please know that we are aware that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, however you identify and whatever path you have chosen, we would love to hear from you! At AnalitiQs, we welcome all talent willing to work with us towards achieving our company mission: to let as many companies as possible experience the power of data. Are you interested?
Interested in our vacancy for an Analytics Translator in Amsterdam?
If you have any questions about this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to apply immediately, please send your CV and a cover letter to the above e-mail address.
Please note: only applications that include a CV and cover letter will be taken into consideration.
If we believe there is a match, we would like to meet you digitally first. This will be followed by an interview and a case presentation at our office. After that, we will discuss the terms of employment.
Pre-employment screening is part of our procedure.